The Silver Harbor Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Harbor Chronicles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:53 am

"Training is good but there is nothing like the first time real blood wets your blade."
- Garret                                  .
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:56 am

Keelie leapt and spun through the faux-sunlight that set the silver pond ablaze in the umbra. Her blade flashed through the air leaving trails of glittering motes from the lunes riding on it with its passage. Other lunes flitted about her following her dance. Her form was nothing close to anything the vampire Garret had taught her and he'd likely have tisked, his biggest negative comment, at it had he seen her. But, such thoughts were far from her mind as she laughed and played. Her silver friends apparently enjoying the game as well.

She had been dancing and 'practicing' for quite some time when Karlyn came searching for her and the afternoon was nearly past, "Keelie! Were are you at? Keelie!"

Kee stopped moving and panted for several moments before frowning and sighing, "Sorry little ones, I guess I gotta go back home now."

The lunes gave chimes that she had come to consider their 'sad' or 'disappointed' noises.

She made a pouty face and put a sad tone into her voice, "I know. I was having fun too, but Karlyn needs me for something."

The lunes took turns flashing around her to say goodbye with 'Airgid' (which is the name Kee had given the lune that usually held a fox's shape... she'd named them all actually, at least she thought she'd gotten them all) being last and landing on her shoulder to chime in her ear for a few moments.

After her friends had said their goodbyes Kee turned her concentration to returning to the real and stepped forward... only to find herself still in the umbra. She stomped and groused, "Why is it so easy to come here and so hard to get back!"

A few of the lunes chimes and she laughed, "Yes, I do like it here better, but I have to go home."

Scrunching her face up and biting her lip in concentration she stepped again and the gauntlet parted before her like the thin tissue paper it was at the lake.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:57 am

"Kar! I'm here!" She shouted at her cousin's retreating back.

He turned and walked back over to her nodding, "Ah... I see, you were playing in the umbra again. Should have thought of that."

They began walking toward the manor and Kar continued, "I've set up a play-date for you. A slumber party as a matter of fact."

Kee stopped dead in her tracks, her mouth dropping open and her eyes going wide, "You... did... WHAT?!"

He paused and looked back at her in confusion, "What's wrong?"

"I'm not a little child who's family needs to make arranged friends for her. I don't know whoever you're trying to send me to and maybe I don't like them and stuff!"

The werecat sighed, "Don't be silly. It's the mayor's daughters and there are eight of them. I'm sure you'll get along just fine. Haha. You'll probably be having pillow fights in your panties in no time."

Keelie just shook her head in utter shock, "You... you... really think that is what goes on at a slumber party? Really? Are you just stupid or do you learn everything you know from bad movies?"

Kar frowned and said, "Hey, name calling is mean. But, you'll have fun in any case. I'm sure."

"You're sure? You're SURE!? No. I don't want to."

He gave a little growl, "Keelie, you're being stubborn and pugnacious. I want you to go and become friends with the mayor's daughters... please."

She started to spit out some more angry words but paused, "Wait... why exactly do you want me to be friends with them?"

"Well, you know... because you'll be going to school with them and all that."

Keelie squinted up at him biting her lip and thinking before saying, "You're lying. Tell me the real reason or I won't do it."

He growled, frowned, and glared at her but she stared up at him, her eyes bright with her belief that she had the upper hand. Finally he said, "Fine. You win. I want you to make friends with the girls because I don't actually have anyone in a position to learn the mayor's secrets anymore. It isn't something super important, but at some point I might need someone ready to poke around, ok?"

Kee's smile got huge, "Of course I'll help you! You'll see, I'll get anything you want to know!"

"For now, just make friends, when I need to know something, I'll tell you. Fair?"

"Of course. What day am I going?"

"Uh... today."

"What! But, I'm all sweaty and need clothes and... gah!"

With that she took off sprinting for the house and he snorted shaking his head thinking, 'That was easy. One of these days I may have to teach her how to tell when someone is playing her. Oh well, at least she will know someone starting school next month. Haha, I just can't believe she bought that I don't have someone in the mayor's office.'
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:57 am

Thomas Winters was a rich man before becoming mayor of Silver Harbor in 2011. His home was in the Silver Hills not far from Karlyn's own. It was a bit smaller and a bit more pretentious then the werecat's manor. Several people were on the long circular drive as Kee walked toward the house in the setting sunlight.

The mayor and a woman who was likely in her early twenties got into a limo and headed off down the drive as Keelie reached the group of girls. The eldest looked Keelie over and said, "Keelie I take it? I am Tosha, these are Talia, Trinity, Tabitha, Tawny, Tatum, Temperance, and Tempest. Dad and Trophy just drove off."

With that she walked off into the house. Talia stepped in and said, "Come on then Keelie, lets get you shown around."

Taking her by the arm she led her into the house with the twins trailing close behind and the others following more slowly. Tabitha and Tawny hung back a bit, whispering...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Tawny leaned into her sister and said, "She's cute, I call dibs!"

Tabitha scrunched her face up to pout, "No! You can't call dibs on people! I get dibs!"

Tawny rolled her eyes at her sister, "You know you just contradicted yourself right?"

"No I didn't. You just don't understand me."

"Haha. Tabi-cat, you are precious aren't you."

"Yes I am, and I get her."

"Humh... share?"

"Ok. We'll share."
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:58 am

Keelie glanced uncertainly around as she followed Talia asking, "So... uh... Trophy? That is like another of your sisters?"

Talia laughed and the twins giggled. She replied, "No. That's what we call our new 'mom'. She is dad's trophy wife, hence Trophy. Tosha is really unhappy with the situation, since she and Heather... that's Trophy's real name, were in the same class in high school and really didn't get along too well."

Once inside Talia looked at Tatum, "Take her bag up to you and Tabi-cat's room Tats."

Tatum grabbed the bag off Keelie's shoulder with a faux-robotic voiced, "By your command!"

As Tatum disappeared up the stairs Tawny and Tabitha moved in, each taking one of Keelie's arms. Tawny said, "We're going to have lots of fun tonight! Don't you worry! We'll all be great friends!"

Tosha passed Tatum on the stairs and she had changed her look drastically. From respectable to slutty in a flash. With a wave and a 'have fun' she was out the door. Moments later a motorcycle engine roared.

The next several hours past in a variety of activities as the twins, Tawny, and Tabitha all pulled Keelie different directions. For their part the other three sisters weren't too interested in being social. Trinity and Talia both left soon after Tosha and Tatum disappeared into the den to 'game'. Surprisingly, to Keelie at least, she actually did have fun with the girls.

Of course, that came to an end around ten that night...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:58 am

The old beater that rolled to a stop on Drachma Drive in the Silver Hills was seriously out of place, but those in the vehicle were not the brightest of souls.

Mike rubbed his jaw and ask, "Are you sure about this Zack?"

The leaner vampire gave him a wicked smile, "Of course! The Mayor will be off in New York all weekend, leaving his sweet little daughters alone. That dumb punk Talon sold me the info for twenty bucks. Haha, he didn't even try and jack up the price, he probably didn't know how prime a score this is. So, we go in, use those nice young girls to sate ourselves in every way and then feed them our blood before I erase their memories. Then we do it again tomorrow and then on Sunday. After that, we'll have a bond with them and that'll be useful in the future once we get rid of the skanks that currently run things and make this a real Anarch city."

"Ok... if you say so Zack."

"I do! Now lets go!"

With that the two vampires left the car and ghosted toward the Winters' home.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

The sound of breaking glass came from the back of the house, near the door out onto the patio...

The discordant sound was enough to cause Tatum's head to snap up from her laptop's screen and demand, "What was that?!"

For a moment, no one moved. Then a male voice cut through the stillness saying, "Damn! Cut myself on the glass, that hurts!"

Tawny and Tabitha both looked rather uncertain what to do and afraid. The twins were outright terrified (not to mention tired from being allowed to stay up as late as they wished to play with Keelie). Tatum for her part didn't seem as afraid as her sisters, she whispered, "We need to call the police and get somewhere to hide, or at least get some weapons."

Keelie licked her lips, "Right. Lets get upstairs."

The girls rushed for the stairs and ran up them hastily, almost simultaneously Keelie and Tatum hissed at the others, "Stay quiet!"

But, it was surely too little, too late!
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Zack laughed to Mike, "They're fleeing and afraid! That'll get their blood pumping! The chase will make it all the more fun when we take them and they scream! Hahaha!"

Mike nodded, "Ok. Sure... can we do the taking soon, I'm hungry?!"

With that, the two vampires went rushing through the house toward where they'd heard the panicked girls' footsteps pounding up the front stairs.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:59 am

Most of the girls headed down the hall on the second floor toward the stairs going up to the third. But, Keelie turned off, rushing into Tatum and Tabitha's room. Tawny followed after her, "Come on Keelie! We have got to get into the attic!"

Keelie hissed quietly, "GO! I'm right behind you! I just gotta get in my bag real quick."

"This is no time for extra clothes..." But, Tawny cut off suddenly as Kee pulled her weaponry out of the bag.

Spinning toward her new friend Keelie said, "Ok, lets go."

"That... that... that's a gun! Why do you have a gun?!"

"My cousin got it for me for self defense along with this blade."

"Its a big gun!"

"Sort of, it's only a 9mm, but it should stop a burglar..."

The scream from the third floor cut off the conversation and sent both girls bolting down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:59 am

Zack was a lot faster then Mike... even minimal Celerity such as his will do that for you. He had caught up just as the girls were climbing into the attic and with a leap he had managed to grab Tabitha's ankle and yank her back down, slamming her hard to the floor and landing atop her.

She screamed in terror.

"I'm gonna have fun with you pretty!" He drooled, his fangs and another small protrusion giving away his excitement, "Hurry up Mike! The stupid girls think locking themselves in the attic will protect them!"

Tabitha screamed even louder as his fangs moved closer and his hands pawed at her.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Keelie flipped the sheath from her Hisshou aside as she ran and thumbed the fire selector of her Glock 18c to auto. She did a skitter step when she saw Zack atop Tabitha, hesitating only long enough to shout back at Tawny, "RUN! ITS A VAMP! RUN!"

She knew she couldn't shoot with him right on top of Tabitha so she leapt forward and slashed hard across the vampire's lower back. The blade connected and cut deep. Zack screeched in annoyed pain and surged up to his feet, slamming a backhand into Kee's chest as he turned. She was flung backward to bounce and roll to her feet with a grunt of pain.

Zack growled, "You! Keva's cousin! Well now you're mine to play with and no one will ever know!"

Tawny sprinted off down the hallway away from the vamp (shrieking and managing to fall down the stairs when she nearly ran into Mike, who for his part ignored her and kept rushing upward) and Tabitha scrambled up the ladder into the attic as Keelie laughed, "You wanna piece of this, then come get it."

Zack took one step forward and she leveled the autofire pistol at him and began blazing. The illegal weapon barked in a rapid staccato rhythm as she empty the extended clip into the vampire staggering him back with each set of bullets. Zack hit the wall slumping to the ground as the expended rounds cascaded onto the expensive carpet.

"Play with that you jerk-face!" Keelie shouted in triumph!

But the triumph was short lived as the vamp started to push himself back to his feet.

"Oh, now I'm gonna enjoy it even more you cunt... as soon as I heal, I'm gonna take you to death! Get the bitch Mike!"

Mike, who'd finally made his way to the third floor had paused in shock at the blaring weapon fire. But at Zack's command he rushed at Keelie's back. She spun to face him dropping the empty gun and shifting the knife to her right hand. Seeing her Mike skidded to a stop saying, "Oh shit! We can't kill he..."

Keelie's lunge drove her blade's tip into the soft of this throat and out the back of his neck narrowly missing his spine. He staggered back, her blade going with him. She raised her hands to fight with no weapon if she had to, but he turned and ran without even looking back.

Laughing in joy, Keelie turned back toward Zack.

"You guys really do suck..."
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 pm

She was cut off mid-taunt as the lunging vampire slammed into her, driving the air from her body and cracking a couple of her ribs in the process. He drove her to the ground but with a scream of pain and effort she rolled with the tackle, planting her knees in his chest as she rolled back onto her shoulders. Kicking out with agony blazing through her ribs she propelled him onward with his own momentum and completed the flip ending up in a half-kneel with her back to him as he slammed into the wall with his feet above his head.

As Zack picked himself up from the floor, Kee spit out a mouthful of her own blood twisted into a standing position facing him and with a pain hiss growled, "Is that all you got? Now its my turn!"

The rage was flaring bright inside her, fueled by her pain and her anger over the threat to her friends, but she held it off knowing even in the adrenalin fueled instant, that her reserves of power were very limited and not wanting to use them until it was absolutely necessary. Instead she relied on what Garret had managed to teach her and ignoring the grinding pain of the broken ribs shifting in her chest she jumped forward into a spin kick that caught Zack in the side of the head staggering him a few feet to his right.

In response he drove a punch at her that caught her on the check and spun her fully around knocking her back to the opposite wall, "You little whore! You think you can take on a Vampire! You're nothing but food!"
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Tawny picked herself up ignoring her bruises and in a panic ran out onto the front drive. But then she managed to catch her senses enough to not run off into the dark. Unable to flee more and unwilling to go back into the house she hid in the bushes by the door.

"Vampire? Keelie said vampire. She shot him. Vampires? There are no such thing as vampires! Oh hell, oh hell, I dropped my phone somewhere. There's no more shooting. I should go back and help Keelie. But, what can I do..."

And she began to cry.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Keelie surged forward with a shout of wordless, determined anger and flung herself bodily at Zack. The vampire's surprise at such a move and her momentum carried the attack and the two of them plunged through the window behind him and out into the night.

They slammed to the ground with a crunching of bones from Zack. His body cushioned Keelie's fall somewhat and she bounced and rolled away from him. The fall, none-the-less, jarred her battered body and stunned her.

Tawny peeked out from the bushes, her tears stopping, and a worried cry for her friend tearing free of her throat. Forgetting her fear in the need to protect Keelie she jumped to her feet and started to rush from the bushes to go to her friend but slid to a stop and fell on her butt as the vampire pushed himself to his feet, bones popping back into place.

He glanced back at her, "You wait right there Winters' Girl. I'll rape and eat you after I feast on your friend's blood! She's made me burn too much of mine and I'm starving!"

Walking slowly toward Keelie he growled, "You made me work hard you silly little mortal slut. You shoulda just let us have you, then you'd have gotten to live. Now, you die screaming!"

On the last word he pounced on the prone girl...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Keelie embraced her rage and let it's power flow. Even as Zack ran his mouth, her body was changing. He was already airborne in his pounce when he saw what had transpired.

He managed, "Holy fuck! You're a werewolf!"

And then the claws of Keelie's Crinos form ripped through his chest as she spun up to her feet. The combination of her strength and motion and his momentum drove the blow hard, splintering bone and rending flesh. He was flung backward several yards, spinning around a couple times, but somehow ending up staggering around on his feet, totally unaware of what was around him.

Tawny made a mewling sound and muttered, "That's a big dog. A really big dog. Why is there a big dog? Where'd the dog come from? We don't have a dog..."
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Talia walked up the street toward home taking her time and enjoying the night air. When she heard the popping of rapid fire gunshots she did what no sane person would do and picked up her pace running down the lane toward home. She had just reached the drive when Keelie and the Vampire flew out the window with a rain of shattered glass.

The young woman stopped as the vamp rose and pounced at Keelie and her jaw dropped open as the girl came up in Crinos form and tore into the vamp.

"A fucking werewolf?! She's a fucking werewolf!"
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Keelie howled and reveled in the rage, moving toward the vampire. But, before she could reach him, Zack seemed to recover himself and started to run, staggering after a few steps and falling to one knee.

A blur streaked by the kneeling vampire and his head flew from his shoulders. Karlyn flipped the blood from his claws and let them vanish as he turn to face Keelie's raging form.

About then Talia ran up giving the two of them a wide berth and running up to check on Tawny who was still rocking and muttering while staring at Keelie's warform.

"Its ok kitten. It's over now. You can revert to yourself," Kar said calmly to Keelie.

She howled again and took a step forward. He responded by growling deep in his chest, "I. Said. Change!"

And like a switch being flipped, she was human again. Naked and staggering to her knees. He looked her over quickly, but was apparently satisfied by whatever healing she'd undergone in her Crinos form.

Talia stomped up to the pair of them with a rage of her own blazing in her eyes and clear in her voice, "I have only one question for you Keelie... was he here because of you?!"

Keelie was shaken but managed to respond, "N... no.... I don't know why they were here. They were surprised to see me. They didn't know what I was."

Tawny flounced ups apparently recovered, "What you are is naked! And me like! Hehe. Did you see that big dog that was here! It was really big!"

Talia sighed and gave a small smile, "Then I guess you just saved my sisters. Thank you Keelie. Tawny, why don't you take Keelie inside and get her dressed or something."

Kar interjected, "I'll make sure all traces of this are gone before your father gets back on Monday. It might be best if Keelie stayed around until then if you don't mind."

Talia nodded, "Yes. We'll be happy to have her for the weekend..."

Glancing at Tawny who was half hanging on the smaller girl she continued, "... some of us more then others."

Kar smiled, "That's even better... I mean... that she's having fun and all, outside of the Vampire attack of course."

About that time Tabitha and the other girls came to the door. Talia chased the twins back inside quickly, grabbing Tatum in the process. Tabitha joined Tawny in escorting Keelie back inside as Karlyn pulled out his phone and started making calls. As Kee and her two clingers headed in Tawny was still going on about a really, really big dog and Keelie remembered a question she had meant to ask but then thought, 'Oh well, maybe I'll remember to ask Kar what he was doing here when I get home.'
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Tawny and Tabitha half led Keelie up and into their room. As Tawny shut the door behind them Tabitha turned on Keelie looking her up and down and licking her lips. Kee began to blush and ask, "What?"

Tabitha whispered, "You know what."

She wrapped herself around the garou girl and kissed her long and deep. As she stepped back a tiny bit, still holding on, Kee stared at her with wide eyes a still open mouth, "I... uh... I'm not... maybe I am... but... I mean... I don't know... I..."

Tawny moved in to embrace Keelie from behind, kissing her neck she said, "We know. And, so do you... just listen to your body."

To prove her words she ran her hands across Keelie's breasts and then downward...

And, Keelie's uncertainty vanished with a moan.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Tosha returned home and headed up to her room, which was right next to Tabitha and Tawny's. She met with the twins in the hall as they headed toward the other girls' room.

"What are you two still doing up? It's way past your bedtime," She ask, not particularly upset but not overly pleased either.

"Cause we are," Tempest responded.

Temperance added, "We're gonna go play with Kee-Kee and Tabi-cat and Tawn-Tawn some more!"

"She hates it when you call her Tawn-Tawn you know... whatever. Have fun."

They started toward the end of the hall again as Tatum came out of Tosha's room. Seeing where the twins were heading she stepped in the way saying, "Woah... you two can't go in there right now."

Tempest put her pouty face on and said, "Can too!"

Temperance added, "Why not?"

Looking desperately at Tosha, Tatum pointed at her ear and bobbed her head toward the door. Tosha cocked her head to the side for a moment and then she rolled her eyes and sighed, "Look Temps, why don't you two come down to the kitchen and have some ice cream instead."

The twins looked at her wide-eyed and then turned and rushed down the stairs almost as one.

Turning back to Tatum she ask, "So all three of them are in there... together?"

Tatum shrugged, "That's sure what it sounds like."

Tosha frowned, "Were you planning on going in there?"

Tatum laughed, "Nah. I'm gonna spend the next few hours with my favorite electronic toy."

Glancing to her room and then to her younger sister she rejoined in an annoyed tone, "Are you using one of my vibrators without asking?!"

Tatum got a shocked, and fairly disgusted look on her face, "First... eew. And second off... Mega Eew! I was talking about my computer you sicko!"

"Oh... then why were you in my room?"

"Cuz I needed a scrunchie and I didn't wanna go see the lezbo slurp-fest in my room! Sheesh, just cuz those two and you are super-deviant pervo's it doesn't mean the rest of us are. Hey, hadn't you better get down stairs and supervise the twins... otherwise they'll OD on sugar."

Giving her sister an annoyed glare Tosha turned and headed downstairs.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Keva walked into Karlyn's den uninvited and looked around the room at the clutter of random odds and ends laying everywhere, "Nice mess cousin."

Kar looked up and replied, "Hello Keva, I wasn't expecting you or I would have... nah, I wouldn't have done anything."

She gave a small smile at the jibe and said, "I brought this over, see that it gets back to Keelie."

The vampire laid Keelie's Hisshou on the desk, "The one who's neck she left it in has been removed from existence."

He nodded with a satisfied grin, "Good. And, since you're here there is something I'd like to speak about."

She raised an eyebrow and stared at him as he continued, "The Winters girls, at least the five younger ones... Keelie has apparently decided they are her friends and so anyone messing with them any further would be a problem. I know the rules you have put in place in this town and combining those with the way we shifters do things, I believe that they are now off limits to all of the kindred."

Keva just continued to stare for several moments before saying, "Explain."

"Your rules claim that a vampire can't mess with a human claimed by another. I am saying that I believe Keelie has claimed these five girls by your own rules... she's fought and bled for them and obviously considers them hers. You can simply make it official."

The woman frowned, "There is one huge problem with that Karlyn. Keelie is not a vampire."

"Obviously. However, to shifters, those who share your heritage are considered almost like you... only different. Hence, since you two are related she is almost a vampire and thus should be entitled to claim any humans she wishes provided justification for such claim which her actions have provided."

Keva stared again, "You're kidding right? That is some twisted cat-logic that bears no resemblance to real logic whatsoever."

"True. But, you have enough power and authority to make it stick, right?"

Another frown, "Yes, I suppose I do."

After a moment of hesitation she continued, "Ok. I will make it so. However, this means if someone wants the girls they can challenge her for them."

"I know. But, I'm certain she would want it that way."

Keva nodded and started to leave. She paused at the door and turned back to gaze at the werecat once more, "It strikes me that there is something not quite right about this whole situation. And, it seems beneficial to you in the long run to have her so tight with the daughters of such an influential man. It gives you a tie to the mayor's office."

Kar snorted, "I've no need to arrange something like this, nor the ability, though I'm flattered that you think I could. I already have a tie to the Mayor's office. His XA is a... friend... of mine."

She stared some more, "As you say. Its a good thing you didn't try to play me here, because if you ever did so I might have to take actions which would make you very... unhappy."

Karlyn licked his lips, "Uh... guess it's good that this was just all random chance then right?"

She smiled maliciously, "Yes. That's a very good thing indeed and something you should remember."

Without another word she flowed out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Tawny and Tabitha walked Keelie home on Monday morning and parted from her with warm hugs and long, deep (and totally inappropriate in the minds of most Conservatives) kisses.

As Keelie watched her two special friends walk away Kar walked up beside her, "So, I guess you made closer friends then you expected eh?"

Kee blushed more then a little and responded with, "Uh... yeah. They were really persuasive..."

She paused and hesitated for a second before continuing, "No... I don't want to make it sound that way. I wanted that to happen. I'm sorry... I know its probably weird to you... but I really..."

Kar shushed her, "Its fine Keelie. You can do whoever you like however you like, it doesn't bother me at all. Though... I might want to watch..."

Keelie blushed even more, "Kar! I'm your cousin! That's..."

He laughed, "Hey, those two are sisters, haha.

"I'm teasing but gotta get serious on you for a second here. I told Keva you had claimed the five youngest. That makes them yours in the eyes of the Vamps. Any of them who want the girls will have to challenge you openly for them or face punishment by the Vampire Leadership. If you accept such a challenge, which you must else you cede your claim, the prohibition against vamps harming you will not apply, do you understand?"

"I do and I'm glad. I will kill anyone who wants to mess with Tabi or Tawny, in a fair fight or in their sleep however I can get it done. They are mine and so are their little sisters."

Her voice bore a savage hardness that no one but Kross had ever heard before and Kar watched her wide-eyed for a moment shock pausing his normally ever-ready tongue.

Keelie's face softened as quick as it had hardened and she giggled, "Maybe I can introduce them to my lunes? I bet the twins would love to play in the Umbra with them!"

She went skipping away toward the house oblivious to Kar's attempted response of, "I don't think that is a good..."
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Early Tuesday morning, Talon stood lounging in against the wall behind Karno's Hair Salon. The punk looked fairly out of place, but no one was in the ally so it likely mattered little.

As the cat sauntered down the ally Talon pushed off the wall and moved to meet it shaking his head in awe as Kar shifted into his human form.

"That shapeshifting stuff is pretty amazing Karlyn."

Kar nodded, "It is and so was your performance of your assigned task. Everything went more-or-less as I'd planned. Two vamps showed instead of one, but you sucked them in and that was your part. Here is the rest of your cash."

The werecat handed the thug a stack of hundred dollar bills.

Talon closed his eyes thumbing the money under his nose, "I love the smell of fresh cash."

Opening his eyes he saw no sign of Karlyn and laughed, "Ok then. Thanks for the work and you know how to get hold of me when you need me again."

With a wide smile he stuffed the bills into his pocket and walked off, "Easiest five grand I ever made."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 02: The Mayor's Daughters
Page 1 of 1