The Silver Harbor Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Harbor Chronicles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:59 pm

"A blade, no matter how great, is but a tool... it is the power within the wielder that truely matters."

- A favorite saying of Kaltram "Swift-Strike"

Last edited by Thorn on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm

The minutes slowly ticked by on the clock in Keelie's room...

12:01
12:02
12:03

She tossed the covers aside and sat up thinking, 'Enough sleeping, that's over an hour already. Maybe I should get up and do something.'

After grabbing a quick shower, she pulled on some clothes, but was still uncertain what she was going to do. So she wondered about the expansive house for a while with no other purpose then to be moving. Finally about twenty minutes later, an idea struck her and off she went walking through the night to visit her cousin Keva at the Sovereign Hall.
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Keelie encountered no problems during the long walk from the Silver Hills into the downtown area. Though, do to a total lack of familiarity with the town, it did take her a bit of looking to figure out exactly where the building she sought was located. Still, she did find it, and right up to the front door she went.

The building was rather plain on the outside, nothing to set it apart from any other in town really, save perhaps for the reinforced doors. A pair of men lounged around outside near said doors having a smoke. Kee didn't pay them much attention, despite the fact that they looked rather rough and dangerous, after all... it was Keva's place, she assumed that no one would bother her there, right?

Of course, this predictably proved a false belief...
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm

One of the men, a tall guy with a pockmarked face and a stringy beard that failed to cover the old scars, stepped into her path, "What have we here? A yummy little treat delivering itself to us? What you think Mike, are we gonna have lots of fun with her or what?"

The other, a shorter, fatter man, with prematurely balding black hair brayed more then laughed before saying, "Yup Zach, that's gonna be some good dinner."

Kee tried to step past Zach, "Uh... not here for you guys. I want to see Keva please."

Zach's hand shot out and caught her by the arm, twisting hard and drawing a shriek of pain from Keelie as she was pulled up against him, "Sorry my treat. She ain't seeing no one and you are most certainly ours now!"

Mike waddled over behind her and giggled, "She got a nice little butt Zack, I'm gonna bite that first!"

Zach laughed along with his companion and Keelie began to panic, searching for the rage inside her but then a different voice sounded from behind her, "What the fuck are you two half-wits doing!? You don't assault people in public right in front of the Hall!"

Mike squeaked scuttling to the side and Zach released Kee's arm letting her stumble back rubbing her bruised appendage.

Zach half-growled, "We was just gonna have some fun and eat her Arianna. She delivered herself to us and everything!"

Arianna Knight looked Keelie up and down... slowly, and then licked her lips, "No. No you two dumbasses are going to leave her to me and consider yourselves lucky I don't take your heads for being so blatant in your hunting!"
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Kee moved a couple steps to be by Arianna, "Thank you... uh... sorry, I don't know your name... but, thank you for protecting me."

Arianna smiled in a way that some might call a wickedly sensuous leer, "No little toy. Don't thank me. I only want you for myself."

She ran her hand back across the girl's hair to hold the back of her head and then leaned in and ran her tongue across Keelie's lips. Kee's eyes went wide and her heart thudded hard in her chest as uncertainty of how to react pulsed through her, "I... don't... I never... I mean... uh... maybe... I was trying to see my cousin Keva... but..."

Arianna released her instantly at the name 'Keva' and took a step back, her face going instantly calm and losing all sign of hunger and lust, which in turn brought a look of confusion to Keelie's face.

The woman turned on the two men, "You idiots were trying to molest and eat Keva's cousin? Are you retarded! Get out of here!"

The two men complied with a great deal of haste and Arianna turned back to Keelie, "Hello. I am Arianna Knight. I am sorry for the confusion and harassment."

"Its ok, you chased them off before they could bother me too much Miss Arianna, it's just a bruise. I'm Keelie."

Keelie's apparent acceptance of Arianna's... greeting... brought a tiny smile to the Vampire's face, "Well then my cute little friend you must call me Ari. Now, let's get you to your cousin before anyone else can bother you."
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Keva proved to be in her 'office', which was more a Drawing Room on the top floor of the building then an office. It was done in white, with plenty of plush furniture, some art which Keelie took to be expensive by the look, and wide windows showing a clear view of the night sky.

Kee sat across for her cousin as Keva spoke, "It's good that Arianna found you. If some of the younger Kindred had gotten hold of you... lets just say, it could have gone badly for you."

Keelie nodded, "Yes, Ari is really nice and... uh... friendly."

Keva raised an eyebrow at that but chose not to pursue the statement as Keelie continued, "And, that is kind of what I'm here about Keva. Not, Ari I mean, but people getting hold of me and hurting me. There has been more then one time here recently where I've been in real trouble and only survived because someone showed up to save me. I'm glad to have people save me and stuff, but they can't be watching me all the time. And, the whole werewolf thing just wont cut it because I just can't seem to use it anytime I want."

The ancient vampire's eyes widened just a touch and she replied with a bit of surprise, "You wish for me to Embrace you?"

Keelie smiled, "A hug would be nice even if it won't protect me."

Putting action to words, she got up and moved over to the couch next to Keva and clenched her cousin tight, to which the vampire responded hesitantly and almost uncomfortably. After a moment Keva ask, "So... what then are your after?"

Despite her uncertainty when faced with an embrace a faint bit of relief touched Keva's mind that it wasn't the Embrace the girl was after.

Releasing her cousin Keelie answered, "I think I should have some weapons or something so I can protect myself and maybe should know how to use them and stuff. So, I was hoping maybe you could get me some and then maybe get Kross to teach me how to use them. If it wouldn't be too much trouble."

The woman gave a small smile, "You want to fight your own battles... very good, I approve. That damn cat should have arranged for such tutelage long since. Getting you weapons is easily done, though, I am afraid Kross is not a teacher. Besides, the assassin is off on other business, though he did express an interest in your future oddly enough. I can however, arrange a different teacher for you if that would be acceptable, as I'm sure you want to get started sooner rather then later."

Throwing her arms around her cousin once more Keelie almost squealed, "Yes! That'd be great Keva! You are so awesome! I love you so much! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

She awkwardly patted at the girl's back, "It is nothing my kin. I think I should see to it that you get home now and I will have a teacher show up for you tomorrow an hour after sundown."

"Yay!" Keelie clenched her even tighter until the vampire finally managed to pull free of the hug without being obvious about wanting to be loose.

"I will have one of my people drive you home and see you to your door."

And she did
Back to top Go down
Thorn
Elder
Elder
Thorn

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

The rest of the night and the following day passed far too slowly for Keelie. But, eventually, as it always does, the sun set and night fell.

Her visitor arrived right on time and proved to be a tall, lean vampire with dark hair and even darker eyes. He dressed in fine brightly hued clothes that seemed almost girly and would surely have gotten him mocked as gay by many (which wouldn't have bothered him, partially because he had little care for what others thought of him and partially because it was only the truth). His name was Garret.

Karlyn stuck his nose in long enough to see what was up and then shrugged and went off to do something else as he apparently found the whole situation rather boring.

Garret saw her armed with blade and gun and would visit once a week from then on. Keelie worked to lean what he taught and he proved to be very patient, which was good for while she was willing and attentive (until she got bored at which point he'd call the session over) she was by no means a natural at the combative arts. She did manage to pick up minimal competence with what he offered, if not anything resembling expertise and that seemed to satisfy them both enough that the training could continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows   Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting Her Own Battles, part 1: Armed by the Shadows
Page 1 of 1